The youth of Bath and surrounding areas will be able to make an incredibly positive contribution to the community whilst gleaning essential life skills for when they move into adulthood and professional work. It is also essential that young people in Bath have a voice to express opinions and discuss social issues that are relevant to their lives. Plus of course radio is whole bunch of fun!
All are welcome including youth groups, associations, individuals, DJs, musos, local bands, artists and acts from across all areas of the arts. We want to hear from anybody and everybody that has a story to tell, a record to play or a jape to be shared. If its Bath related, we want to hear about it.
We are of course are also looking for additional vibrant presenters and producers to start training once we get on to phase 3.
Youth participation and involvement will be on a daily basis and on evenings and weekends. We already have 2 hours a day allocated to one such production and presentation team aged between 14 – 16. It is initially estimated that we can dedicate at least 6 – 10 hours a day to youth participants on a regular basis.
The Benefits of becoming a team player
The positives and benefits of volunteering are huge so in addition to what is listed above, what can you expect specifically from Bath City Sound?
• Being part of Baths dedicated community radio station
• Participation in production and construction of radio shows
• Dedicated show and presenter pages on the website
• The freedom to develop your creative flair
• A genuine involvement with Bath based events
• Opportunities to visit Bath Rugby and Bath City FC
• Opportunities to visit Baths main attractions
• An input into Bath City Sounds music programming
• Professional training and mentoring in your chosen field
• A whole bunch of fun with the team and station
• The satisfaction of helping others in and around Bath
• Organised team events and days out
• The chance to meet and interview celebrities and bands
Got excited? Get involved!
If you think it’s for you or your group, band, community buddies, then get in contact and show your interest. Fill in the form below and we’ll get in touch with how the volunteer process works.